Facebook Teachers pay Teachers Email Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram Image Map

Sunday, March 2, 2014

I'm Nominated for the Liebster Award!

Happy March, all!  I can't wait for spring to come!  Looking forward to the sound of birds chirping and long runs outside!

Yesterday, I got the news from A Peach For The Teach that I was nominated for the Liebster Award! The Liebster award is a way to recognize new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  I had a new blog designed for me in February 2014 and so far I have 23 followers.  With a new dedication to blogging, I'm hoping that changes soon :).


So, a big thanks to A Peach For the Teach for nominating me! 

A Peach for the Teach: Behavior Supports & Multi-Age


Here are the rules that were given to me by A Peach for the Teach:

#1- Link back to the blog that nominated me.
#2- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
#3- Answer the questions posted to me by my nominator.
#4- Share 11 random facts about me


My 11 Random Facts

#1- I live in a small town in PA.  In fact, it's the only town in PA.  Well, the only official town in PA!

#2- I must travel 45 minutes for any decent shopping!  Thank goodness for online shopping!!

#3- Before I moved to PA and graduated HS in PA, I grew up in Long Island NY and went to the same HS as Natalie Portman!

#4- I LOVE chocolate.  I must have it in one form or another everyday.  I wish I didn't b/c my metabolism isn't what it used to be- ha!

#5- I am a saver not a spender.  Everything I buy must be on sale!

#6- Before I bought my house, I traveled the world.  My favorite place being Australia!

#7- If somebody told me I had to move to Australia, I'd pack my bags ASAP- I LOVE it there!

#8- When I flew from NY to LA to catch my plane to Australia, I was on the same plane at Jessica Biel and she looked straight at me as I was headed to coach and she was seated in first class, of course!  lol

#9-  I am a HUGE pet lover!  I have two cats of my own.  I love dogs, too and visit my parents two dogs regularly.

#10- I am a huge HGTV fan! 

#11- People often ask me what I would do for a living if I wasn't a teacher and I really have no idea what that would be?!  Teaching is definitely for me!


Answers to Questions Asked of Me 
By My Nominator

#1- My educational background is both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Early Childhood/ Elementary Education.

#2- What lead me to start teaching was my love for kids!  I grew up babysitting and new that spending time teaching kids was for me!  What lead me to blogging was stumbling upon other blogs that I got a ton of neat ideas from.  I am hoping to be able to pass along my neat ideas through blogging, as well!

#3- Yes, I have a TPT store, Facebook Page, and Pinterest Page.  All of those links can be found by clicking on the flaw at the top of my page!  The one thing that I don't have is an Instagram page.  Should I?  Am I missing out?!

#4- I don't really have an favorite Teaching blogs that I follow.  I get a lot of great ideas from blogs that are from top TpT sellers and those that are not.  Everybody has great ideas!

#5- My funniest teaching story really isn't a story but an everyday occurrence.  Everyday I have students who still say, "Mrs. Wiist, Can I go to the bathroom?"  And I'll say, "I don't know, let me call my mom!" The funny part of that is I am Miss Wiist. Both the student and I always giggle :).

#6- My greatest teaching challenge is being on top of things.  I seem to have to work with a new curriculum every year in which I need detailed plans for.  There are not enough hours in the day!

#7- I always say my best teaching moment comes on the last day of school when I think about how my students look, behave, and grew academically from day 1 to day 180- amazing!  

#8- My favorite hobby is running!  I was not born to do it but it makes me feel good!

#9- The best speaker I ever heard was a speaker that taught me about APL. APL is a way of teaching.  If you never heard of it, look it up! 

#10- My favorite teaching resource is TpT, of course!  I love to see how other teacher go about teaching skills that I teach.  It's the best way I can "enter" a classroom of somebody who lives nowhere near me!

#11-  My long-term goal is get my PHD is education.  I always wanted to teach at the college level!   What has hinder be thus far is a lack of a higher institution in my area that offers such a degree.


Fellow Bloggers That 
I would Like to Nominate!

The following are bloggers that have been kind to me in the Facebook World! :)








Can't Stop Smiling



So sorry that the links are PINK!  I'm not a fan of light pink!  Don't know how to change! :(



11 Questions For My Nominees

#1- Do you work at a school?  If so, tell me about your position there.

#2- Do you have a TpT store?  If so, how long have you had one?

#3- If you have a TpT store, tell me about your favorite product you have and why you believe in it so much.

#4-  Do you have a Facebook page, a Pinterest account, Instagram?

#5- What is your favorite thing about teaching?

#6- What is your greatest challenge when it comes to teaching?

#7- If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?

#8-  What are your hobbies? 

#9- If you had one wish, what would it be?

#10- What are your short-term goals?

#11- What are you long-term goals?


Thanks again to A Peach for the Teach for nominating me! 

If I nominated you, please refer back to the top of this post for the rules.  

Thank you to all!,

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh I grew up in Long Island too! So you went to Syosset HS. I remember my friends telling me she was in their school! I went to John Glenn HS in East Northport and graduated in 1999!

    ReplyDelete